This psalm was written by a man named Asaph. I have no information as to who he is. He truly knew the goodness of God, but he also was observing something else. First of all he mentions the goodness of God to those who have a clean heart. This is probably the most important phase in this grouping of verses. Without this I am just like the rest of the wicked people of the world. We get this by taking the Lord Jesus Christ as our own personal Savior. Have you done that?
Now this man calls an envy of the rich and foolish a dangerous slip in faith. I could also do that when I see the prosperity of a Donald Trump or Ted Turner or Bill Gates etc. Now I am not comparing these with each other but I am saying this could cause envy within me. However when I see that none of the rich of the past are still living and I am promised eternal life in fellowship with God, what have they compared to me?
Many of our contemporary rich deny the existence of God, or at least live as if He doesn't exist. We would have to wait until verse 16 to find out how this man got his answer. He went into the sanctuary and found out their end. In the sanctuary is where the answer is. In the New Testament that's where the Christian lives according to Hebrews 10:19. I don't need to be envious of the wicked when I live in the very presence of God.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment