Monday, January 24, 2011

1-24-11

To be sent out in the name of Jesus is one of the greatest privileges there is. Notice what He said to them, "The harvest truly is great but the laborers are few." The harvest is as great today and there are still few laborers compared to the earths population . I have answered the call to labor about 53 years ago. Have you ever felt the twinge to give your heart to the service of the great King Jesus Christ. Notice in this story there may be those who accept and those who reject. The Lord's servants do not always have a smooth way in the kind of world we live in today. However, in our day of grace we don't shake off the dust of our feet against them. We wait and pray that the Lord will change their heart. I was sitting in my house on Thursday when I got a call that a young man named Raymond wanted to see me. I preached at his father's funeral back in the 90's. He didn't want to accept Christ then. He came in and sat down and told me he wanted God in his life. So he prayed to receive Christ as his Savior. I am finding that if you put yourselves in God's control anything, even the unexpected can happen.

No comments: