Monday, January 3, 2011

Luke 4:21-44

After Jesus was rejected in Nazareth he established his home base in Capernaum. The interesting thing is demons which indwell men knew who he was. There seemed to be a testimony among the people in these verses that demons recognized him for who he is. He rebuked them and told them to keep quiet. Now if the demons recognized him for who he is why can't sinful man see him for who he is? Next, must we who know him as our Savior be so quiet as many of us are. Jesus comes to the house of Peter who would later become a chief spokesman after his resurrection. Peter's mother-in-law is sick with a fever. Jesus healed her proving if Peter followed Jesus he would take care of Peter's family, too. It was in the next chapter after the great catch of fish that Peter left all to follow Christ. As a testimony I have given my life over to Christ for over 55 years. Fifty two years ago I dedicated my life to full time service. I am sure I failed him time and again, but he has not failed me. Whether you have an occupation or not, you will never regret giving your life over to him. However, you must accept him as your Savior first of all.

No comments: