I am marveled when I read today's scripture of Exodus 2:1-10. The first thing that stands out to me is that there are no names given of any of the players except the child. It tells me that the most important thing to know is that God is doing a miracle work here. Whenever we try to put our name to something it muddies the water as to who really is in control. I know that since the baby's name is the only one mentioned that he certainly is not responsible for what is taking place here. I do know that later on in the scripture that all the blanks are filled in and we finally find out who the mother is and sister and even the father; but the most important thing to know right now is that this is a God thing. He is Sovereign!
The second thing I see is the love that is pictured here. First we see the love of the mother that against Egyptian proclamation she is saving the life of her child despite the law that had been claimed. The next love I see is the love of the sister which the Bible doesn't tell us how old she was at this time here but that she watched to see what would happen to her brother and was willing to get involved even knowing that she could be included in the conspiracy to save a Hebrew child's life. The third love I see is the love that the Pharaoh's daughter had for the child. Yes I said love! You say but wait a minute; shouldn't she be on the Pharaoh's side when it comes to eradicating the Hebrew boys because they were beginning to become a threat on the Egyptian nation when it comes to population control and who out numbers who. Proverbs 21:1 states, "The king's (and queen's) heart is in the hand of the Lord, as the rivers of water; he turneth it whithersoever he will." What an application when it comes to speaking of water!
The greatest love I see in the whole story is of a God providing redemption through a mother, sister, brother, Pharaoh's daughter to deliver his people, the nation of Israel, through the beginning of this story. It is as they say, "the best is yet to come".
When you think about your life. What obstacles has God gone through to bring you to where you are today. What ark of bulrushes or rivers of water has God used to bring you to deliverance. This is a story about God and his plan not only for this child but for every child that has ever been born. God is a God of life and purpose.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment