This passage concludes our study of 1 Peter. The outline of the book is:
I. Know - 1 Peter 1:18,19
II. Grow - 1 Peter 2:2
III. Show - 1 Peter 2:9
The theme of the book is showing Christ through meekness. Meekness is not weakness or passivity. Meekness is strength under control. Meekness is yielding our rights and expectations to God and accepting whatever He directs or allows in our life without argument, resistance or bitterness.
First, we are challenged to "show" Christ through meekness in the community as citizens and employees. Next, we must "show" Christ in our homes as wives and husbands. Finally we are to "show" Christ through meekness as a church. This is accomplished through:
Teamwork - If we will walk together in unity
Testimony - If we will share a creative, credible, confident witness
Triumph - If we will walk in victory over sin
Treatment - If we will walk together in care
Trial - If we will trust God in pressure and persecution
Task - If we will accept and faithfully obey our calling
Trouble - If we will be humble, watchful and hopeful in trouble
How does a person respond in meekness to trouble in their life? A meek person responds by being humble, watchful and hopeful. This is opposite to the world that responds to trouble by being prideful, careless and wishful.
Prideful - I deserve better than this!
Careless - I don't care about the consequences, I just want the quickest, easiest way out
Wishful - Maybe something good will come out of this for me. I wish I had never...
Humble - Any thing is better than hell forever which is what I deserve. My life is not my own but God's. I need His help in trouble.
Watchful - Satan is looking for any crack through which he can destroy my life. Be extra alert to temptation and committed to walk by faith and not by sight when in trouble.
Hopeful - Rest in the promises of God who cannot lie. Know that God has made every provision through His grace for me to be victorious for His glory.
Walk with the Lord and troubleshoot life by His grace and for His glory!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment