Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Daily Bread! - Exodus 16:1-13

How would you like to be the baker providing daily bread for over 1 million people?
1. Problem of bread - Physical life is dependent on food for sustenance and strength. The children of Israel were out in a desert with no available markets and no opportunity to grow food. I need spiritual bread to sustain and strengthen me spiritually and I have no way of producing it myself.
2. Provision of bread - The source for manna was God. He is Jehovah-Jireh, the God who provides. The supply was sufficient(enough for all and enduring until they were out of the desert). Jesus said "I am the bread of life; he that cometh to me shall never hunger..."(John 6:35). The living Word and the written Word are my source and sufficient supply for spiritual nourishment.
3. Plan for bread - Manna was to be gathered daily not stored(except the Sabbath). A certain amount per person was to be collected - no hoarding or gluttony. God taught Israel to be daily dependent and obedient to Him. This is God's plan for me spiritually. I must be daily dependent on and obedient to Jesus Christ and His Word.

Walk with the Lord and feast on daily bread!!!

No comments: