Monday, June 23, 2008
Exodus 33: 12-23
In verse 14 Moses is faced with the thought of being responsible for this people who sinned terribly in making and worshipping the golden calf. There would be a whole lot more sinning along the way but this was the worst. Now Moses is up front with God as to who He would send with them along the way. Moses wanted to know. He says, "Show me thy way." God says, "My presence will go with thee and I will give thee rest." I like Moses statement here, "If thy presence go not with me, carry us not up hence." Do you feel that way too? Since I was a Christian I never wanted to go alone in this world. I did for the first 21 years of my life and it was disastrous. Now the last 52 years I walked (imperfectly) with Him and He with me. There is a song called, "The Glory of His Presence". The song writer begins, "I walked alone with Jesus in a fellowship divine." I don't want to go anywhere without Him. Do you? Moses said, "This is how I know I have found grace in thy sight. Is it not that Thou goest with me?" Next Moses said, "Show my thy glory." The rest of the chapter tells us exactly how God did that. I want to see His glory too. Do you? Fanny Crosby has written a nice song about that, "He hideth my soul in the cleft of the rock and covers me there with His hand." I want to see His glory too. I want to be in in a condition of mind and heart that He can show it to me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment