Monday, June 16, 2008
Exodus 19:14-25
Before I say anything about this I would like to refer to Hebrews 12:21, that this was so terrible that Moses said, " I exceedingly fear and quake." In that chapter we have a comparison between the law and grace. It also has something there about God chastening His children. We are His children if we believe and receive Christ as Savior. In Exodus 19:14-25 we have the holiness of God. By the way, His holiness has never changed even in this time of grace. The Israelites were His people and we are His people today even though there is a difference between Mount Sinai and what is called Mount Zion of the New Testament. (Hebrews 12:22) There is a special word that is mentioned three times in these verses. That is the word sanctified or sanctify. Sometimes the word holy is used interchangeably in the King James Bible. It means "set apart" for God. The people were sanctified in verse 14. The priests were to be sanctified in verse 22 and the mountain was sanctified in verse 23. All are to be holy to the LORD. As I said before God has not changed. All who come to Christ are sanctified. In II Corinthians 3 the difference is written about , but God is just as Holy in our time of grace and He can spank His children. We are not to take advantage of Him because we are His children. In I Peter 1:16 it is written, "Be holy as I am holy." I find it interesting Moses could speak to God face to face. We can too, according to II Corinthians 3:18. Now it is like a mirror as also in I Corinthians 13:12, but there is a day coming when it will be face to face.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment