Moses requested to see God's glory in Exodus 33. After 40 days meeting with the LORD and seeing His glory, Moses returns to speak with the people. Moses does not realize it but his face has a radiance that is so bright it is difficult for the people to look at him. Finally, Moses put a veil over his face while he spoke to the people.
Paul alluded to this passage in 2 Corinthians 3 when he discussed the ministry of the Spirit being more glorious than the ministry of the law. Paul concluded his discussion by saying we are being "changed into the same image"(the glorious image of Christ). This is being done by the Holy Spirit as He applies the Word of God to our lives.
My desire should be that of Moses - "show me thy glory". I see the glory of God in His Word and in the person of Jesus Christ. For instance, the glory of His love. When I see the love of God in the pages of Scripture and in the life of the Lord Jesus, I am motivated and instructed to demonstrate the same love. In the power of the Holy Spirit I can and should reflect God's glory of love to a lost and dying world. My life is like a mirror, it reflects what is before it and focused on!
Walk with the Lord and reflect His glory!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment