Monday, November 10, 2008

Mark 5:35-43

In this we find the raising of the daughter of Jairus by the Lord Jesus Christ. What should I say about this except that He is God, and the Master of life and death. I am reminded here of what He said to Martha the sister of Lazarus, who was dead and in the grave four days. He said, "I am the resurrection and the life: he who believeth in me though he were dead (or had died) yet shall he live."Paul said in I Corinthians 15:19 that if there was no hope of resurrection, he and his companions would be of all men most miserable. I feel the same way too, as I have put all my trust in that some day I would rise, body and soul and be a complete person in the presence of the Lord Jesus Christ.The world laughs as they did at Jesus on that day, but who had the last laugh? It was Jairus and Christ. Are you laughing at Christ or will you be laughing with Him someday?

No comments: