Monday, November 17, 2008

Mark 7:24-37

I first of all noticed the phrase that Jesus could not be hid! I don't want to hide Him. He must first be on the pedestal of my heart, and then He will in some way show Himself to all I meet.Next we have a woman with a real need. She was a Gentile with no special rights as a non Jew, willing to humble herself even to accept a more despised position . She had her need met, and her daughter was healed. In another gospel Jesus really commended her for her great faith. Do we really have faith that we can get anything from God.Then the deaf man was brought to Jesus for healing. Jesus did an unusual thing putting His fingers in his ears and spitting and touching his tongue and the deaf man was healed both of hearing and speech.One thing I noticed is that Jesus healed people in all kinds of ways. I think it is the same today with how people are saved. There are various ways the Lord does it. One may come to a church and go forward to receive Christ, others may be saved by contact with a friend. All who are saved no matter how, it is a miracle of God, nothing else.What an important phrase, "He hath done all things well." He was both God and man. Could He have done differently?

No comments: