Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Walk In Truth! - 2John 1-6

In this section the emphasis is on truth. John commended this family of believers because he had come in contact with some of the members and had seen them "walking in truth". We must:

1. Know the truth v. 1 - It is important that through teachers and other sources that we are exposed to truth and not error, reality and not false assumptions.
2. Experience the truth v. 2,3 - Truth must not only be known in the mind but experienced by faith through the grace and mercy of God.
3. Walk in the truth v. 4-6 - Once truth is experienced then it becomes the guiding force in our lives. Practicing truth means obeying God's commandment to love.

Walking in truth means that my thoughts, attitudes, actions, words and motives are not based on the error of self interest but on the reality that I cannot save or satisfy myself and that I do not belong to myself or for myself. Reality is that Jesus redeemed me through His grace and mercy so that everything I need is complete in Him and I am at peace(no need to fight for or look after self) and free to love God and others.

Walk with the Lord and walk in truth!!!

No comments: