Monday, April 7, 2008

2 Chronicles 5:1-14

Last time I wrote, David wanted to build the temple but God said no. God then said, "You can't build the temple but your son, Solomon will." I feel that God was seeing beyond Solomon to Christ who would build a different kind of temple, not with stones, but with people, living stones. We find this in I Peter 2:4-5 and also in Ephesians 2:19-22.

In my last writing I also wrote that though David was not to build the temple, he was able to prepare things to put in it. Now that Solomon finished the temple he brought all that David had prepared. David had long since passed away. The lesson I get from this is whether or not I am now doing anything that could possibly be used after I have gone home to Heaven.

Now it is time to bring the ark into the temple. This is the most important piece of furniture to be put into the temple. The ark typically represented the Lord Jesus Christ in some way or another and would be put into the most Holy place, which is a figure of Heaven itself.

There was much ceremony in bringing the ark into the temple. When all was finished there was a great celebration with musical instruments praising God with the words, "For He is good and His mercy endureth forever." Notice His approval. The temple was filled with a cloud representing the Shekinah Glory. The next verse says the cloud filled the temple. The temple has changed as I said above, so does the glory of the Lord fill my temple? (I Corinthians 6:19-20) Do people see it (my body) for what it really is?

No comments: