Friday, April 4, 2008
What makes a job successful?
In 1 Chronicles 28:20 - 29:9 you find a passage of scripture that requires some real digging. After studying the passage and looking up some of the details it seems that my comment is as they say "a day late and a dollar short". I was overwhelmed to realize that God had accomplished an amazing task with ordinary people using their talents and gifts which God had given them as work skills. There seems to be common threads which pop up throughout the story of Building a House for God. When it comes to building anything for God I believe that if some of the same basic concepts are prevalent great things can be achieved and God is glorified tremendously. Let me just mention a few of the things that I searched my heart for to see if I was doing my task with the same zeal. At least five times I noticed the word "willingly" or its derivative. If every time I set out to accomplish something for Christ and did it 'willingly' what a difference it would make in my life and attitude but I can't help to think how it would affect those with whom I come in contact. I should do all things with grace and not grudgingly. Another word which seems to stand out is the word 'service'. That word can cover a lot of territory. If every opportunity I was given by God I looked at it as the opportunity to serve, whether my fellow man or working on the building at my place of worship; the truth of the matter is it all comes down to serving the One who was willing to Serve me by being my sacrifice for my sin on Calvary's Cross. He made himself of no reputation but was willing to be fashioned as a man and became obedient to death; even the death of the cross. Oh what a SAVIOR. The icing on the cake for this passage of scripture is how the story ends. The end of verse 9 of chapter 29 says that "'Then the people(all who participated, corporate worship) "REJOICED", for they offered willingly because with 'perfect heart' they offered willingly to the LORD and David , the king, also "REJOICED" with great joy. What a testimony to the Great God we serve who can give us 'great joy' when we are willing to willingly serve him with gladness. This passage is more than this finite mind can comprehend. Praise God from whom all blessings flow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment