In these verses we are introduced to the Queen of Sheba who came all the way from Africa to see what king Solomon was all about. One of her purposes was to prove him with hard questions. Thus the wisdom of Solomon was known the world over. We find an expression in verse one where it says she communed with him all that was in her heart. It seems when all was done she was completely satisfied and even said that the half of what she found out was never previously told her.
One of the things she observed was how he went up into the house of the Lord, the temple. At least she found out that there was a spiritual side to Solomon. Who cares how wise I am, or how much riches I have? I must show them I have a relationship with God the creator of the Heavens and the earth and because of Him I am what I am and have what I have.
Next, she observes Solomons happy men and happy servants and when all is told and observed she blesses Solomon's God. When people observe us and when they question us about our spiritual life are they sort of driven to bless God. Now I know that all men will not bless God because of the way I conduct myself before them, but some will. Paul said, "We are to all men a Giver of life unto life or death unto death." Thank God some will be saved.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment