Do you remember when diet pop first became popular? My first taste had me convinced that it was all the pleasure of "real" pop but with no calories! However, my excitement was short-lived when a few seconds after my first taste came a bitter after-taste. The Bible says there is "pleasure in sin for a season" but afterwards there are bitter consequences. After a few fleeting moments of pleasure, sin always leaves the horrible after-taste of guilt, regret, sorrow, emptiness, loss, pain, etc. and ultimately death.
On the other hand, our quiet time passage today points out that "the blessing of the Lord it maketh rich and He addeth no sorrow with it"(Proverbs 10:22)! Blessing from the Lord is promised to those who choose to walk in His way of wisdom!
Are you experiencing the bitter after-taste of sin? Confess your sin to the Lord Jesus Christ who loves you, who died for you and rose again! Drink deeply at the fountain of forgiveness! Feast daily at the banquet table of His wisdom!
Walk with the Lord and enjoy true blessing with no bad after-taste!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Proverb 10
When words are many, sin is not absent, but he who holds his tongue is wise. v.19
Perhaps I think I must defend the Word, God or His Plan. Maybe to help try to make sense of what has happened, to put things into perspective or to put things in the past...sometimes when I want to give comfort...I feel something must be said, but it doesn't....It is a wise individual who sets guard over the tongue..I pray God will help me to be wise...To know when to speak and when to say nothing.
Post a Comment